Edelweiss+ is the primary catalog tool for publisher sales representatives. You will use it often – maybe every day! Publishers use the platform to create digital catalogs for their titles and then connect those catalogs to customers. With your Edelweiss+ publisher sales representative account you will be able to:
- Create contacts
- Create catalog markups
- Share markups
- Create orders
- Process orders
- And more!
First, You Need An Account
Ideally, your publisher’s User Administrator (the person who manages all of the users for the publisher Edelweiss+ account) will add you as a sales rep, and you will receive an automated email helping you sign in.
If this doesn’t happen, you can create a free account at www.edelweiss.plus. While registering, look for your publishing house to connect your account to the organization.
Already have an account but aren’t linked to the right publisher? Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will transfer you over to the correct organization.
Subscribe to Newsletters
By creating a new account, you will automatically be registered for our weekly newsletter that goes out every Tuesday. This newsletter highlights featured titles as well as review copies and catalogs that were posted by all publishers within the last week. It’s very popular with Edelweiss+ users. It goes to over 70,000 book professionals!
You may occasionally receive alerts about product updates that are of interest to publisher sales reps. As a publisher user, you will also receive our monthly publisher newsletter. This includes handy tips, product updates, upcoming trainings or events, and more. We have four monthly newsletters targeted at different types of users: publishers, booksellers, librarians, and reviewers. Want to read how other types of users (your customers!) use Edelweiss? Go to the Subscription Center to subscribe to other newsletters of interest. If you’ve been an Edelweiss+ user for a while and have not received these newsletters, you may re-subscribe yourself here, too.
Find Your Way Around
Edelweiss+ is a platform that serves 120,000+ book professionals. It must meet the needs of many different types of users. Because of that, it can be a little overwhelming at first because it’s powerful and does a LOT! As a novice user, we recommend you start simple and then learn as you go.
Start by getting the lay of the land. Familiarize yourself with:
- Once you’ve logged in to Edelweiss+, open your Profile by clicking the triangle to the left of your name in the top right of the screen.
- Check out your email, password, and any privileges you may have. Add any additional details that you’d like!
- Click the little “wrench and screwdriver” icon to the right of your name to learn about ways you can modify Edelweiss+ to meet your unique preferences.
- If you click Help, then select Get Help, in the upper-right hand corner, you will be taken to our Knowledge Base where there are hundreds of documents and training videos to help you along the way. From here, you can also submit a help desk ticket, but you can always simply email email@example.com!
- Widgets are the boxes on your homepage. As a new user, you’ll have some basic ones on your homepage by default, but you can customize to provide easy access to the tools and reports that you need regularly in Edelweiss+.
- Add a widget by clicking Add Widget + on the top right of your homepage. Try creating just a handful and then add more as you gain comfort and expertise.
Explore Your Publisher Page
You can find your publisher in a publisher widget, or by clicking Publishers from the horizontal menu bar at the top of your page. Once you find your publisher, check out the different displays, options to sort, or the refinements within the left-hand navigation bar.
Try searching for one of your publisher’s titles in the search bar.
Familiarize yourself with a catalog. Click around! Open one of your choosing and notice how the choices for display and navigation change.Go Back to the Sales Rep Training Page
Additional ResourcesWatch a Video Take a Tour in Edelweiss+
And you can always contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Don’t be shy! We are here to help.