Edelweiss is the primary catalog tool for publisher sales representatives. You will use it often – maybe every day! Publishers use the platform to create digital catalogs for their titles and then connect those catalogs to customers. With your sales rep account, you will be able to:
- Create contacts
- Create catalog markups
- Share markups
- Create orders
- Process orders
- And more!
First, You Need An Account
Ideally, your publisher’s User Administrator (the person who manages all of the users for the publisher Edelweiss account) will add you as a sales rep, and you will receive an automated email helping you sign in.
If this doesn’t happen, you can create a free account at www.edelweiss.plus. While registering, look for your publishing house to connect your account to the organization.
Already have an account but aren’t linked to the right publisher? Get in touch at email@example.com, and we will transfer you over to the correct organization.
Subscribe to Newsletters
By creating a new account, you will automatically be registered for our weekly newsletter that goes out every Tuesday. This newsletter highlights featured titles as well as review copies and catalogs that were posted by all publishers within the last week. It is very popular with the 70,000 book professionals that receive it!
You may occasionally receive alerts about product updates that are of interest to publisher sales reps. As a publisher user, you will also receive our monthly publisher newsletter. This includes handy tips, product updates, upcoming trainings or events, and more. Want more insight into how other types of users (your customers!) use Edelweiss? Go to the Subscription Center to subscribe to other newsletters of interest. If you’ve been an Edelweiss user for a while and have not received these newsletters, you may re-subscribe yourself here, too.
Find Your Way Around
Edelweiss is a platform that serves 200,000 book professionals and readers. It must meet the needs of many different types of users. Because of that, it can be a little overwhelming at first because it’s powerful and does a LOT! As a new user, we recommend starting simple and learning as you go.
Start by getting the lay of the land. Familiarize yourself with:
- Once you’ve logged in to Edelweiss, open your profile by clicking Your Profile icon at the top right of any page.
- Check out your email, password, and any privileges you may have. Add any additional details that you’d like!
- Click “Setting and Preferences” to drill into the various ways you can customize your experience on Edelweiss.
- Widgets” are the boxes on your homepage that allow you to customize what’s visible, giving you easy access to the tools most relevant to your role.
- A new widget can be added by clicking the + sign. We recommend that you create a handful initially, and add more as you gain comfort and expertise.
- Select the ? icon in the upper-right hand corner of the page to be taken to our Knowledge Center where there are hundreds of documents and training videos to help you along the way. You can also reach out to our Help Desk by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Explore Your Publisher Page
You can find your publisher in a publisher widget, or by clicking Publishers from the horizontal menu bar at the top of your page. Once you find your publisher, check out the different displays, options to sort, or the refinements within the left-hand navigation bar.
Try searching for one of your publisher’s titles in the search bar.
Familiarize yourself with a catalogs.Go Back to the Sales Rep Training Page
Please feel free to reach out anytime to email@example.com. Don’t be shy! We’re here to help.