If you are a sales rep, contacts are a necessity in Edelweiss+. This is how you’ll communicate with your customers! The only way to share your catalogs, collections, orders, or receive orders back from customers is to have a robust list of contacts.
Create an Individual Contact and Add Accounts
Know booksellers and librarians who might be interested in buying your books? Great! You can load them into your Contacts, regardless of whether they have an Edelweiss+ account.
- Find People in your horizontal menu bar. (Or you can use your Contacts widget on the homepage!)
- Click Add New Contact.
- You will be prompted to type or paste the contact’s email.
- If the contact has an Edelweiss+ login, you will see the + sign next to their name. (Note: If the person uses Edelweiss+, it is important to use their Edelweiss+ email so everything syncs correctly. If the person does not have an account, you can still add them. A link to your Edelweiss+ markup will still be shared.)
- If the contact is part of a bigger organization, like a store or a library, that “account” will now appear in your Accounts page:
- You can always edit a contact by clicking the name. You can delete an individual or a store/library account by clicking the garbage can icon on the right.
Creating Groups is an efficient and simple way to share your markups with a larger crowd. For example, you can create a group called “Non-fiction Buyers.” Rather than sharing a markup with lots of individuals who are non-fiction buyers, simply share with the group… and all those people will get the same markup!
First, you will need to create relevant groups. To start, simply click on the name of one of your contacts. This will give you the option to start typing a group name. If this is a group you’ve created before, the words will auto-complete.
Another option is to use Other Actions to add several people to a group at the same time. To do this:
- Open your People page
- Make sure Individuals is selected.
- Click the check marks next to the names you want to add to your group.
- Select Other Actions.
- Choose Add Contacts to Groups.
You can also write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re happy to help!