To make the most of your publisher page, take a moment to understand:
- trade markets
- the benefit of robust information pages
- the convenience of folders for catalogs
When you log into Edelweiss+, you have the option to choose a trade market. You can see the choices or make changes (temporary or permanent) by opening the market and language box:
It is important to keep in mind, that every user (bookseller, librarian, etc.) chooses their own market and language. A single user has only one view at a time, but a catalog can exist in more than one market. If you want people with different viewing preferences to see your catalog, keep this in mind for later.
You have the option of creating one or more information pages for your publishing house. This is a great marketing opportunity. While optional, it's a great way to share your:
- company description
- website and contact information
- ordering information
- international contact information (if applicable)
When you are in an administrative view, simply add a new page, follow the prompts, insert your information, and save your work. Don’t hesitate to look to other publisher pages for ideas!
Down the road, you may find you have a lot of catalogs in the folder Featured Catalogs. As they start to pile up and become dated, it might be necessary to create a folder filing system for your catalogs.
Things to know:
- creating folders is primarily helpful for the publishing team, particularly sales reps
- you can create sub-folders within folders
- a folder won’t be “visible” unless at least one catalog is in it
- catalogs can exist in as many folders as you like
- folders can be easily edited, deleted, or moved around to accommodate your needs