The following is a high-level overview of the steps needed to create a catalog within Edelweiss. They are listed in order of priority. The first three steps are the primary ones, and once they are complete, the foundation of the catalog is in place.
1) Create Edelweiss catalog and add ISBNs/EANs to it
2) Populate title data. Ideally, this is done via ONIX or a Treeline Biblio Excel file and may be done before step 1 or use the admin interface to manually input your data.
3) Upload Jacket Cover Images via FTP batch upload or use the admin interface to upload individually
4) Upload your own (in-house) PDF of the catalog (optional)
5) Upload PDF catalog page numbers and/or update default title sort order (if desired)
6) Upload catalog cover image (strongly recommended)
7) Upload comparative title data (Excel, also strongly recommended)
8) Add enhanced content (if not already coming from ONIX)
- Product description
- Contributor bios
- Quotes & Reviews
- Book excerpts
- Key selling points
- Marketing plans
- Interior images
- Author photos
- Links to external websites, including videos
- Related products
- Publicity Events
- Sales Rights
Refer to our Content Planning Guide, which explains how you can provide each of these particular title elements, or check out our subsequent Publisher Administrator help articles on creating your catalogs and managing your title information.