Thank you for using EDELWEISS and being part of the largest community of book professionals and readers! Above the Treeline, the company behind EDELWEISS and EDELWEISS Community, is committed to providing a professional, friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for all users within our online “community.” We take the integrity of our community very seriously. The content you and other users contribute to EDELWEISS should be relevant and meant to contribute to the community in a constructive manner. The following EDELWEISS Community Guidelines apply to any content (including comments, reviews, images, video, links, etc.) you submit and actions you take (such as voting, sharing, contacting, etc.) when using Edelweiss features or interacting with other members of the community.
All users must comply with the following EDELWEISS Community Guidelines, and we expect cooperation from all participants to help ensure a safe, harassment-free environment for everybody. If you violate our EDELWEISS Community Guidelines, we may restrict your ability to use EDELWEISS features, remove content, or suspend or terminate your account.
We’re all in this together. Although Edelweiss does not regularly review posted content, we do reserve the right (without accepting the obligation) to remove or edit posted content as we conclude is best for the EDELWEISS Community. We, therefore, encourage anyone who suspects that our EDELWEISS Community Guidelines are being violated in any way to notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Together, we can make our community a place where everyone is respectful, honest, and where we all can safely celebrate books and the people who read them!
EDELWEISS is intended to provide helpful, relevant content to book professionals and readers. Content you submit should be relevant and based on your own honest opinions and experience. For features focused on a specific topic, you should only submit content related to that topic. Reviews and other feedback should be about the product (i.e. book) only.
We value diverse opinions and know that you may disagree with some content that you come across. Keep in mind that something that may be disagreeable to you may not violate our EDELWEISS Community Guidelines. You may question the opinions and expertise of others as long as it is relevant and done in a respectful and non-threatening manner. In order to maintain a welcoming environment for all users, your participation in the EDELWEISS Community must always be respectful of others. In particular, and without limitation:
- Don’t post content that is libelous, defamatory, harassing, threatening, or inflammatory. For example, don’t use obscenities or profanity, and don’t express hatred or intolerance for people on the basis of race, ethnicity, nationality, gender or gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, or disability, including by promoting organizations with such views.
- Do not use racial, religious, political, or other slurs that incite or promote hatred, or any other content intended to create division.
- Do not interact with others or share content in a way that’s irrelevant, inappropriate, disrespectful, or otherwise inflammatory. Don’t post content that is obscene, pornographic, or lewd, or that contains nudity or sexually explicit images.
- Don’t post content that is violent or threatening or that promotes violence or actions that threatens to any other person or animal.
- Don’t post content that invades others’ privacy.
- Don’t impersonate other people or organizations or pretend to be someone or something you’re not.
- Don’t repeatedly send messages or requests to other people.
- Don’t attempt to drown out other people’s opinions by posting from multiple accounts or coordinating with others.
- Don’t engage in name-calling, harassment, or bullying of others.
- Don’t post content or interact with other members of the EDELWEISS Community in a way that infringes the intellectual property or other proprietary rights of others. Only post your own content or content that you have permission to use.
PLEASE DO NOT…
Contribute False or Misleading Content
Any attempt to contribute false, misleading, or inauthentic content is strictly prohibited. Misconduct may also violate state and federal laws, including the Federal Trade Commission Act, and can lead to legal action and civil and criminal penalties.
Post Promotions and Commercial Solicitations
In order to preserve the integrity of platform content, user advertising, promotion, or solicitation (whether direct or indirect) is not allowed, including:
- Content regarding your (or your relative’s, close friend’s, business associate’s, or employer’s) products or services.
- Content regarding your competitors’ products or services.
- Content in exchange for compensation of any kind or on behalf of anyone else.
- Offering compensation or requesting compensation of any kind in exchange for creating, modifying, or posting content.
- Posting advertisements or solicitations, including URLs with referrer tags or affiliate codes.
Promote Illegal Activity
Don’t post content that encourages or supports behavior that is illegal, including violence, fraud, illegal drug use, underage drinking, or child or animal abuse. Examples of prohibited content include:
- Content advocating, threatening, or joking about physical or financial harm to yourself or others.
- Content offering fraudulent goods, services, schemes, or promotions.
- Content posted intentionally as sarcasm as it relates to self-harm or harm to others.
How to Report Abuse
For some types of content, including Reviews, you can report possible violations of these Guidelines by emailing a screenshot or details to email@example.com with the reason you believe it violates these Guidelines.
These policies apply to all members. Depending on the severity of violation, we may limit the visibility of certain content or remove it entirely. If you believe a particular item of content was removed in error, you can appeal from the link provided in the removal notice. Repeated or severe offenses can result in a temporary or permanent restriction from the EDELWEISS Community. If you believe action taken on your account was in error, you can submit a request to appeal to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: If you post content or submit material, and unless we indicate otherwise, you grant Above the Treeline a nonexclusive, royalty-free, fully paid up, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sublicensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, perform, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such content throughout the world in any media now known or hereinafter invented. You grant Above the Treeline and its publishing partners the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such content, if they choose. You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights (including without limitation intellectual property rights and rights in contract) to the content that you post; that the content is accurate and contributed to the EDELWEISS Community without violation of any agreement or law; and that use of the content you supply does not violate this policy and will not cause injury to any person or entity. By posting content to the EDELWEISS Community, you agree that you shall indemnify, defend, and hold Above the Treeline harmless from any and all claims, suits, actions, proceedings, liabilities, damages, costs, and fees (including attorneys fees) arising from or relating to such content.
Above the Treeline has the right but not the obligation to monitor and edit or remove any activity or content. Above the Treeline takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any content posted by you or any third party.