A Sub Template is a template within a template. These are used to include comparable or related titles within a larger template. Here are the steps to create them:
- Make a new template that displays only the data elements you want included for the related products (e.g. jacket cover, ISBN, title). This will be your sub-template. Note: In most cases, you will be better off choosing or creating a smaller template, similar to 12 or 15 per page, as it will have to fit inside another template. You can also use a single page, keeping included elements small in size.
- Create a new main template, or open an existing template in which you would like the related products or comp titles to appear
- Add a New Element to the template
- Select “Sub Template” from the “Design Elements” drop-down menu
- “Type” on the Edit Fonts, Colors, Formatting Menu selects whether you would like the sub template to show Related Products or Comp Titles.
- Also, pick whether you want the books to display horizontally (this works well if your sub-template is an image with the content below) or vertical (more of a list), and the maximum titles you want to show
- Select the sub-template you created in Step #1. Place the element and Save to include the sub-template in your primary template.