A Sub Template is a template within a template. These are used to include comparable or related titles within a larger template. The steps to create them are below.
- Make a new template that displays only the data elements you would want to see about the related products. Eg, jacket cover, ISBN, title. This will be your sub-template. Note: In most cases, you will be better off choosing or making a smaller template similar to the 12 or 15 per page, as it will have to fit inside another template. Or you can use a single page and just keep the elements small.
- Create a new main template, or open an existing template in which you would like the related products or comp titles to appear
- Add a new element to the template
- Select “Sub Template” from the “Design Elements” drop-down menu
- Under “Type” on the Edit Fonts, Colors, Formatting Menu selects whether you would like the subtemplate to show Related Products or Comp Titles.
- Also, pick whether you want the books to display horizontally (going across – good if your sub-template is an image with the content below) or vertical (more of a list). And the maximum titles you want to show
- Select the sub-template you created in step 1. Place the element and save to include the sub-template in your template.