The Edelweiss homepage design is based on feedback from our users that they wanted something fast, flexible, and easy to customize. The basic ideas behind this design are that you can:
- Customize the “widgets” on your homepage and move them around
- Use Quick Links to easily jump to frequently used items like your Folders, Shelves, Tags, Worklists, Orders, etc.
- Set up multiple widgets of the same type as needed (i.e. view your Worklists and Recently Viewed catalogs at the same time)
- Customize widgets for DRCs, Buzz, Reviews using your Saved Filters (i.e. quickly view just ‘Sci-Fi DRCs’ or ‘Literary Fiction DRCs’)
- Stay up-to-date with more prominent notifications (DRC approvals, marked-up catalogs, etc.)
You can add ‘widgets’ that are pretty much as customizable as you’d like. Click “Add Widget” to view all available widgets.
In the screen that pops up, you’ll be able to select from a number of available widgets. Click on one of the options to add it to your homepage:
You can easily drag that new widget to a different spot by clicking on the ‘dotted square’ to grab the widget and then drag it to wherever you like.
Click the gear icon to add a Saved Filter to this widget:
This is where you can set up a number of different…widgets of interest, one may call them. You can have, for example, widgets, all with different filters applied, showing all your Hardcover titles that come out in the next week, next to your publishers’ titles that have digital review copies, etc. You can have a widget for Reviews submitted by your contacts next to a widget for notifications of shared markups and orders, next to a widget showing your publishers’ new catalogs, etc. Just keep clicking into that “Add a Widget” screen to add as many of these as you like.
Change an existing widget here:
Essentially, you can make sure your dashboard looks as simple or as rich as you’d like, very much depending on how you like to work, with as few or as many widgets as you want.