Edelweiss publishers with a catalog subscription may bulk-upload jacket covers, interior illustrations/images, and contributor photos to your unique FTP folder on our server. Contact Support@abovethetreeline.com if you need access to this folder. Please also see our processing times for various files, feeds, and images here.
The following specs apply to all images being posted to Edelweiss:
- Supported Formats: PNG, JPG, or GIF (static only, animated GIF files only allowed for Title Banner Insert uploads)
- Size: preferred size is 1000px width. This is the largest size we will display.
- Resolution: preferred resolution is 72 dpi. This is the highest definition we will display.
- The sub-folder for all of your jacket cover images within your company’s main FTP folder is edelweiss/images/jacket_covers
- Naming Convention: Name must only contain the ISBN or ISBN-13 of the associated title.
- Example: 9781234567890.jpg
When you are getting started with your Edelweiss account, feel free to load a complete archive of your cover images. Let your Edelweiss account manager know when the first batch has been uploaded. After we process that initial batch, we’ll add your company to our regular processing schedule. We process jacket covers daily, at the top of every hour.
Interior and Author Images
If you have Interior Images you’d like to load, you can post them at the same FTP address, but in a different subfolder:
- For Interiors: FTP Sub-folder: /edelweiss/images/illustrations
- For Author Images: FTP Sub-folder: /edelweiss/images/author_images
- Naming Convention: Name must contain the ISBN or ISBN-13 of the associated title, followed by a sequence number. The sequence number should be incremented when multiple images are sent for a title.
- Example: 978012345678_1.jpg
Email email@example.com the first time your company uploads a batch of interior or author images; we’ll set up your account so that all newly posted batches auto-process nightly. They should appear in Edelweiss by the next day.
Interior Images from a PDF Sample Spread
If you have a single PDF with sample illustrated pages that you’d like to appear as individual interior images / illustrations on the book’s Edelweiss title listing, the posting process is much the same as that of the Interior Images section, but with a few critical differences in the naming conventions:
- FTP Sub-folder: /edelweiss/images/illustrations
- File Format: PDF
- Naming Convention: [ISBN]_[Sequence]_p[ThumbnailPageNumber].pdf
- Example: 9781584799207_1_p2.pdf
- The Sequence is the order in which the thumbnails will be displayed if there is more than one PDF image for a title
- The ThumbnailPageNumber notes the page within the PDF that should be used to generate the thumbnail.
- As another example, if you posted a PDF containing 10 individual pages following the back/front covers, this naming convention would result in watermarked thumbnails for pages 2-11 of the pdf: 9781584799573_1_p2_p3_p4_p5_p6_p7_p8_p9_p10_p11.pdf
Please email Support@abovethetreeline.com the first time you upload any new type of image via FTP – jackets, interiors, or author images – to ensure that your account is configured to automatically process that specific image type.