Edelweiss does not sell or distribute books, but simply acts as the platform on which publishers post their catalogs. You can discover upcoming titles, and create orders for them, but you’ll need to order those titles either from the publisher (usually via their sales reps) or through your preferred wholesalers.
If you do work with publisher sales reps, you can share your Edelweiss orders with them. They can then grab them in their Edelweiss account and submit them in that publisher’s preferred method. More about sharing orders with your sales reps here.
Alternately, you can create an order in Edelweiss, export it to your POS system and then submit the order to whomever you like using your usual methods. Of course, you can always export your order to a document that you can email or fax, as well. It’s really up to however you prefer to do business. You can find instructions for creating your own custom order form here.
Watch a Short Video on Creating an Order: http://help.edelweiss.plus/?st_kb=booksellers-ordering-short-video-on-creating-an-order
Full Video: Buying with Edelweiss for Beginners https://help.edelweiss.plus/?st_kb=booksellers-navigation-buying-with-edelweiss-for-beginners
- About Orders in Edelweiss http://help.edelweiss.plus/?st_kb=booksellers-ordering-about-orders-in-edelweiss
- Ordering Process Workflow https://help.edelweiss.plus/?st_kb=booksellers-ordering-ordering-process-workflow
- Finding a Rep's Markup Notes http://help.edelweiss.plus/?st_kb=booksellers-ordering-finding-a-markup
- Viewing Markups http://help.edelweiss.plus/?st_kb=booksellers-ordering-viewing-a-markup-what-you-see
- Creating an Order http://help.edelweiss.plus/?st_kb=booksellers-ordering-creating-an-order
- Using One Order for Multiple Catalogs http://help.edelweiss.plus/?st_kb=booksellers-ordering-using-one-order-for-multiple-catalogs
- Adding Desired Quantities http://help.edelweiss.plus/?st_kb=bookseller-ordering-adding-desired-quantities-to-an-order
- Adding and Editing Categories http://help.edelweiss.plus/?st_kb=booksellers-ordering-adding-and-editing-categories
- Editing Orders http://help.edelweiss.plus/?st_kb=booksellers-ordering-editing-orders
See all help documents about Ordering in Edelweiss here. These include information about exporting your orders to your Point-of-Sale system, mapping data elements to match what you use at your store, and more!