WELCOME TO EDELWEISS, NBN PUBLISHERS!
Edelweiss is a platform that allows publishers to efficiently manage their digital catalogs and review copies as well as their sales and marketing. It is the primary method independent bookstores and B&N purchase books, but it's also where over 200,000 book professionals and serious readers discover new titles!
Your titles are included in your distribution partner's catalogs on Edelweiss, which they use to sell into the independent market. They also manage data feeds and title information for you! If you'd like to maximize your presence on Edelweiss and drive more traffic to your title listings, you may take advantage of additional services.
Create a free Edelweiss account. Browse your titles in NBN's catalogs on Edelweiss, check out Edelweiss Community (a sister site aimed at book lovers), and explore. On your homepage, add your favorite publishers. Learn how to use Saved Filters to find exactly the books you want. For more info, check out the knowledge base or new user training.
Subscribe to newsletters of interest. The monthly publisher newsletter is the main source for publisher information on Edelweiss and the marketing newsletter is where we announce new marketing opportunities.
PROMOTING YOUR TITLES
There are a number of options available to you to promote your titles on Edelweiss, including:
- Featured Titles are highlighted in Edelweiss, on social media, and in the weekly newsletter. These require no artwork!
- Banner Ads are available in the weekly newsletter or in monthly librarian and bookseller newsletters.
- Title Banners show above your title throughout Edelweiss. They never expire, and you can swap the artwork anytime!
- Targeted Advertising allows you to reach specific communities of readers and buyers.
Important Note: In order to reserve a promotion on Edelweiss, you must be a user within your distributor's account. If you don’t see the “promote” button on your title, reach out to your representative at NBN for help!
- You can manage digital and audio formats directly within Edelweiss.
- Offer your review copies for immediate download or require users to request access.
- Monitor download activity, feature reviews, and more!
Independent Publisher Listing (IPL)
- Manage your own publisher page and create your own catalogs in Edelweiss at a discounted rate.
- Enable users to easily search for your publishing house within Edelweiss.
- Direct traffic to IPL from website and marketing efforts.
- Create unique catalogs of just your titles for specific seasons, audiences, or categories.
- Add sales and ordering information for potential buyers to reference.
- Allow non-distributor sales reps or publisher marketing teams access to contacts and markup features in Edelweiss+ to improve their workflow.
- Create author tours through Event Grids.
- Access to Edelweiss360 and ability to upgrade to Premium.
- As part of your IPL subscription, you can monitor engagement of your titles and catalogs using Edelweiss360.
- A premium upgrade turns it into a direct marketing and sales prospecting tool that includes the ability to:
- View users that are not known to you who have downloaded, reviewed, viewed, or Shelved your title - and message them directly to share a title or ask for a review!
- Access lists of recommended users who are likely good targets for your titles based on their past activity with similar titles.
- Connect with users in relevant Edelweiss Communities or Accounts, such as organizations like the ABA or NPR, as well as readers of certain genres such as YA and Romance.